Specialist Leaders in Education (SLE)
We are recruiting Specialist Leaders in Education (SLE), are you qualified to apply?
SLE’s are experienced middle or senior leader who have experience of supporting teachers in their own school and beyond.
You can be from any type or phase of school. You don’t need to be in an outstanding school or a school that is part of a teaching school alliance, but your school will need to have the capacity to release you to work in other schools.
You must have at least 1 specialism from the areas of expertise, which are based on the areas of focus in the Ofsted Common Inspection Framework (August, 2015)
Applications are open now. We invite potential SLE’s to attend an information training day on Tuesday 22nd May 2018 at Windsor Academy Trust in Halesowen.
To book a place please contact Alison Halford: email@example.com
Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- Leadership of CPD
- School business management and financial management
- Leadership of curriculum
Outcomes for children and other learners
- Closing the gap
- Design and technology
- Early Years
- Most able
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- Initial teacher Training/NQT
Personal development, behavior and welfare
- Behaviour and discipline
To be successful in your application, you should have:
- A successful track record of working effectively within your own school and/or across a group of schools, or working with a range of leaders within a single school
- Evidence of successfully using coaching and/or facilitation skills to bring about sustainable improvements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of what constitutes ‘outstanding’ in your field of expertise and the ability and confidence to communicate this
- A good understanding of how your specialism and skills can contribute to wider school improvement goals
- An analytical approach in identifying and prioritising needs
- The ability to set and establish new and innovative working practices
- The ability to grow leadership capacity in others
You can also provide supporting evidence gained from completing leadership development opportunities such as: